Areas of Expertise
- Precision machine design, assembly, and testing
- Diamond turning of metal optics (including fast tool servo, EVAM, and nano-coining)
- Design and fabrication
- Prototype development
- Part measurement *
- Diamond turning *
* - service in collaboration with NCSU Precision Engineering Center
- NASA BETTII Balloon-based Telescope - Thin-walled mounting structure and external optic design and fabrication.
- Micro-fluidic Molecule Extraction Device - automatically separates molecules from a tiny (nanogram) solid sample and mixes them with a buffer solution that can be introduced to a mass spectrometer.
- "Thumper" - automatically measures the run-out and centers a part on a vacuum chuck.